Shine Laundry Self-Service Laundromat
Open 7am-9pm. 365 Days a year.
We are located between the currently-closed Cozy Corner Cafe and The Shine Laundry 24 Hour Drop-off Service. Our machines take credit cards and quarters (we have a change machine on site.) We also have a coin-operated laundry detergent dispenser. Last dryer load is at 8:30pm.
"What if I leave my clothes by mistake?" Clothes left in the washer will be left over night. If they aren't retrieved by 9am they will be dried (so they don't start to get that funky wet laundry smell!) and held for payment plus a $5 handling fee. Clothes left at the laundry will be held for 1 week and then donated to charity.
Tips On Using The Machines
1) Don't use too much soap! These high-efficiency Wascomat washing machines need very little soap - 1/4 - 1/2 cup maximum.
2) Put detergent in the back left compartment. If you're laundry is very dirty put a small amount (less than 1/4 cup) in the prewash (front left) compartment as well.
3) PUT PODS IN WITH YOUR LAUNDRY not in the compartments - they dissolve better that way and don't clog the machines.
4) Dryers: leave space for air to circulate around your clothes. If they are over-full they will not dry efficiently.
1) The Dryer says "Door" and won't start. This means the lint drawer is open. The lint drawer is the black box below the machine.
2) The machine says "CPU Levels High". This means there is too much soap/suds. Solution: try pushing the knob to restart and run your load again. Add fabric softener if you have it to bring down the suds.
3) The washing machine door is locked with laundry inside. This means either that there was too much soap or a piece of laundry is stuck in the door. See #2. If the door doesn't open w/in 5 minutes call the number on the wall.
4) Your credit card won't swipe. Sometimes the card readers get gunk in them and it takes multiple swipes to read. Try swiping from bottom up.